Could break/fix IT be right for your business? At Tolar Systems, we pride ourselves on providing professional, standards-based IT services to clients across Texas. We prevent problems with our clients’ IT, support their business growth and productivity and provide predictable, professional results at an affordable price. But, even though we think our service model is the best for most businesses, we know that managed services probably isn’t for everyone. For some, break/fix, hourly IT services may be a better fit.
How do you know if break/fix, hourly IT services is right for you? Learn more from Tolar Systems.
What’s the right choice for your business: break/fix IT or a managed service provider? Managed services providers are the professional, affordable answer to managing your IT. But they really aren’t for everyone. Here are a few signs that Break/Fix IT might be a better choice for your business.
(NOTE: Our sincere apologies to Jeff Foxworthy).
- You’re a procrastinator. Let’s face it, some of us like to live living on the edge. If you like to put things off to the last minute, and prefer to wait until an issue with your technology goes nuclear before you get it addressed, then break/fix IT just MIGHT be right for you.
- You hate technology. Like, really, really hate it. You want it to die. But first, you want it to suffer. Nothing makes you as happy as seeing a computer or piece of equipment you spent a lot of money on, sitting there, unusable after a long period of not working properly.
- If it ain’t broke… Why solve a problem until it’s an emergency? If you’re the type that likes to wait until a needed piece of equipment breaks before you do anything about it, then break/fix IT might be right for you. You’ll replace it when it’s good and broken - and not a moment sooner.
- Planning is for the birds. Planning schmanning... Why plan for replacement before there’s a problem? If technology does have to be replaced, you prefer to wait as long as possible – like in the middle of an important business deal. Ideally, you’d also like to buy the wrong technology to replace it, to ensure that it causes maximum inconvenience and conflict with other systems. Fun!
- Money is no object. If you like having a variable technology bill every month, and you don’t care about paying to replace hardware and devices that might have continued to work with proper maintenance, break/fix IT might be just your speed.
- You’re bored. Never knowing how much your IT is going to cost is one way to keep things interesting. You also like having to review, discuss and approve every single task your break/fix provider performs.
- You’re insecure. Not personally insecure, but you definitely don’t think network security is important to your business. You are not concerned about the risk of a security breach, and believe that loss or theft of your business and client data would have would have little to no effect on your business. You’re a perfect fit for the break/fix IT model!
- You have all the time in the world. When your IT devices and systems are down, you’re fine with waiting two or three days for your sole proprietor IT provider to respond to issues. The longer, the better. If you have tones of free time, then break/fix IT could be right for you.
If none of these statements describe you or your business, break/fix IT may NOT be the right fit for you. If you’re looking to get more predictability and value out of your IT, contact Tolar Systems today. We’ll show you how a professional, standards-based managed service provider can save your business time, money and hassle on your IT.